Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Writing Test - Task 1

You are moving out of your accommodation and think that it might suit a colleague who is arriving next month. Write a letter to this colleague. In your letter
- say why you are moving
- describe your accommodation
- explain why the accommodation might suit him/her.

Dear Mr.Johnson,
    I am writing in regard to your transfer from Mumbai office to Chennai office. I came to know that you have not managed to find a suitable accomodation in Chennai, despite three months of search. This letter is to inform you that I would be vacating my apartment and it is available for rent from next month.
    In an incredible coincidence, I am also getting transferred to another location. The branch, in Kochi, needs my help in ramping up it's operations and I am moving out this month itself, due to the urgency of the situation.
    The apartment, that I live, is situated in Marine Drive, one of the loveliest places in Chennai. There are three bedrooms, a huge living room and a modular kitchen. Drinking water is a problem, though. The apartment association, usually, arranges for paid water services.
    The apartment is very near to our office. I came to know that you have two kids. There is a very reputed school closeby. The neighbourhood offers lots of recreational activities which you would appreciate and enjoy.
    Please reply if you are interested. I might get the house owner to reserve the apartment, on your behalf.
Your faithfully,
Ram Sunder

Word count - 202
Grammarly check - 2 spelling mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ethical Investing

If one doesn't agree with the line of business, should one invest in it? There can be many arguments for and against ethical investing....