Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Writing Task 1 - Personal letter - Virgin attempt

Found a topic to write a letter for, here. I noted down few hints and started writing. Overall I took around 17 minutes to complete the letter and had enough time to check for grammatical errors. In few places, I managed to rephrase the sentences. Here's the topic and my letter.

Topic:
You have just spent a week with a friend on holiday. When you got home, you realised you had left your wallet there. Write a letter to your friend. In your letter:
1. thank your friend for the holiday.
2. explain that you left your wallet in their house.
3. give them instructions of how to send it back you.

Letter:
I am writing this letter in regard to the wallet that I lost in your home. First of all, I had the time of my life holidaying at your place. Your arrangements were meticulous and wonderful. Since you took care of all the expenses during the holiday, I didn't realize that I left my wallet in your home until after I arrived here.

The wallet consists of credit cards, personal identification cards and 1000 rupees in cash. Please feel free to destory the credit cards as I would be applying for new ones anyway. It is important that they don't get misused by anyone. ID cards are the most important items in my wallet. Please send them by courier service, specifially DHL. I cannot trust any other courier company for transporting them. As far as the cash is concerned, you are welcome to keep it as a parting gift. If you insist on returning the cash, please use NEFT for money transfer. I believe you already have my account details.

Most importaintly, I left my wallet in the second drawer of the guest cupboard. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused and I am looking forward to having another eventful holiday with you in the future.

Yours lovingly,
Ram

Total words: 207

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ethical Investing

If one doesn't agree with the line of business, should one invest in it? There can be many arguments for and against ethical investing....