Saturday, May 5, 2018

IELTS Letter Writing Strategy

Beginning

Formal

I am writing in regard to the scholarship program at London University.
I just want to let you know that..

Informal

It has been long since we last were in touch with each other but I haven't forgotten the wonderful times we spent together last year. It's my birthday coming up and I wanted to invite you over to stay at my place for the celebration.

Ending

Informal

It will be great to catch up again soon. Give my best to everyone in the family.

Formal

I look forward to hearing from you.

Signing off

Informal

Take care,
Rajini

Formal

Yours sincerely, - if person's name is known
Rajinikanth ShivajiRao
Yours faithfully, - if person's name is unknown
Rajinikanth ShivajiRao

Letter structure

title
opening statement – reason for writing
body paragraph A (one point with detail)
body paragraph B (another point with detail)
body paragraph C (final point with detail)
closing statement (if needed)
signing off
name (choose a name or use your own)

Timing

Atleast 3 minutes to decide the points and their places in the letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ethical Investing

If one doesn't agree with the line of business, should one invest in it? There can be many arguments for and against ethical investing....