Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Investor Or Speculator

1. Are you an investor or a speculator…or are you both?
Till date, I have been purely a speculator relying only on tips given by magazines and friends. I want to be both, an investor for achieving bigger financial goals and a speculator for making quick small profits.
2. Which was your last stock purchase that qualified as a Graham-styled investment- (1) It was based on thorough analysis, (2) promised safety of principal and (3) a satisfactory return?
I haven't made any such investments.
3. Which was your last stock purchase that qualified as a speculation? Why do you think it was a speculation?
BlueDart. It's a speculation because I am not worried by the underlying value of the asset. I bought purely to gain some money during its price upswing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ethical Investing

If one doesn't agree with the line of business, should one invest in it? There can be many arguments for and against ethical investing....